How is it already mid-July? How have I not blogged for six months? I would apologize to you, but I’m not going to. I’ve had other priorities that have taken up my time! You didn’t miss me that much, did you?
In the summer it’s so important to get outside. Even if when it’s just a 10-minute walk over lunch, it matters so much! I love stepping away from my computer and I love getting a little vitamin D over my lunch break at work. Sometimes it can be tempting to be a “homebody” and stay in, work on a few things, etc. But taking an hour or two to explore your city will be well worth it! I’m not asking you to blow a whole Saturday. The dishes, laundry, windows and so on can wait. Don’t you think? I want to share a few tips for free (or almost free) things to do in your town!
- Explore local historical sites. I’m a nerd and like to learn about that kind of stuff. Hey, you might learn something!
Mill City Ruins, Minneapolis, MN
2. Explore a local city park. Go biking, walking, jogging, rollerblading and so on through a local park in your area. I prefer to walk since I’m dangerous on wheels. The leaves, trees and flowers are at their peak this time of year. Why not enjoy it all?
Minnehaha Falls, Minneapolis, MN
3. Visit an arboretum or flower garden. Take a morning or evening stroll through gorgeous flowers, shrubs and so on. The best part? No weeding or watering required! Leave that up to the pros. By the way, how gorgeous are these hot pink roses?
Lyndale Rose Garden, Minneapolis, MN
4. Hit up a local farmers market. So you don’t have to buy anything, but I would! Even bring $5-10 dollars. It’s way more fun than your usually grocery store route. I like to stock up on the weekends so it forces me to make dinners at-home during the week.
Minneapolis Farmers Market
5. Pack a picnic for the park. So this also isn’t necessarily free, but it’s cheaper than going out to eat! Am I right? If a whole meal overwhelms you, pack lemonade and snack instead. You’ll still enjoy the fresh air while munching on crackers, apple slices or whatever you prefer.
Have I convinced you yet? Are you going to step outside? I sure hope so.
PS – Can you tell that I’m a huge advocate of the Minneapolis Parks?🙂
Follow my blog with Bloglovin.