Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, you can bet your boots I’ve been listening to Michael Buble Christmas music. But music isn’t the only way to prepare for Christmas. I want to share with you a few of my favorite holiday movies to get you into the Christmas spirit!
1. White Christmas – This is my all-time favorite. I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Bing Crosby is timeless (duh), the outfits are stunning and the music is legendary! If only I could be a dainty tap dancer with killer lipstick.
2. The Holiday – Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law make this movie unforgettable, and some of the movie takes place in England. What’s not to love?! Someone take me to the English countryside!!
3. Elf – What a nice feel-good movie. It’s still hilarious year after year!
4. Love Actually – Okay, I’ve only seen this movie twice, so maybe it’s not legit to put it on my list, but I loved it! What a lovely rom-com.
5. While You Were Sleeping – You weren’t expecting that one, were you? I watched this one again last year for the first time since the ’90s and it was great! You can’t go wrong with Sandra Bullock.
Don’t forget the kid movies like Home Alone, Jack Frost and Frosty the Snowman! What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?
So it’s the day after Christmas. Technically Christmas isn’t over for me until after I celebrate with 60+ relatives on my dad’s side this weekend. Let’s just say last year’s get-together was the biggest party of the year, in my opinion. What I’m trying to say is that I’m not quite finished blogging about Christmas just yet.
Here are a few pretty cards, crafts, and things I absolutely love:
mini wreath garland // The Merry Thought
Poppytalk Handmade // Artist: MAPLE AND BELMONT
neon tags // M&J Blog
Merry Christmas // Wit & Whistle
splatter wrappings // instagram: goforthcreative
What are a few of your favorite Christmas-y things?
I don’t have much to say today, but I wanted to share a few recent holiday-inspired photos from my Instagram. I’m excited to go home in the middle of the week for Christmas. I have to work the first part and second part of the week but that’s alright! A little break in the middle is better than nothing. 🙂 🙂
Merry Christmas, everyone! And as Bing Crosby sings it best, “May your days be merry and bright. And may all your Christmases be white.”
Sorry for the lack of posts over the Thanksgiving weekend. I took a break from most social media (besides Pinterest of course) and spent quality time with my family. It was great getting out of the office for a few days. A change of scenery is always good. I got to catch up (and laugh my head off) with family friends and high school friends–which was much needed. I see my college friends all the time, but I worry about losing touch with friends who live more than 10 miles away.
I decorated my parents’ house for Christmas over the weekend and last night my roommate and I decorated our apartment. Well, we started decorating our apartment with a few hand-me-down decorations. I bought few decorations after Christmas last year and I want to do that again this year. My roommate and I are going to pick up a real tree, lights and ornaments later this week! I’m super pumped. I haven’t had a real tree for Christmas since I was a little kid. Like since before double digits.
I’m also planning on making a few Christmas crafts. Yes. Christmas crafts. No, I’m not all talk. I’m actually going to do it! I’ll put my crafts on here. Just you wait.