Let’s set the record straight here. I’ve dabbled on a few different online dating apps (OK Cupid, Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, Catholic Match – am I forgetting any?!?) so it’s safe to say I’ve seen it all when it comes to guys posting stupid photos. This post will sound judge-y and rude but with some of these apps, all you have is 4-5 photos to get a handle on who someone is! First impressions when swiping is everything.
Here are five types of photos I see over and over again that aren’t great and need to end.
1. Dudes who only post group photos. How do I know who you are? Why are you all wearing tank tops? Are you the groom getting married? Why is everyone wearing a backwards hat and a jersey?
2. Dudes who only post gym/no shirt/working out photos. Okay, taking care of your health is good but no one wants to to see that! Cover it up and don’t be such a showoff. Hopefully there’s more to your personality then lifting weights.
3. Dudes who only post hunting photos with their dead animals. I’m all for showing your true hobbies (ahem, crafting, petting cats, sleeping in) but every photo doesn’t need to be you and a deer’s carcass. It’s gross and a little overkill. (See what I did there?)
4. Dudes who’s only photos are at parties or bars and they’re clearly drunk. Are you 19? If so, why did you lie about your age… *nervously laughs* Isn’t there more to life then Bud Light and getting wild? A couple photos is fine but your whole selection isn’t. (I have drinks too but I’m not going to broadcast that to total strangers. This is their first impression of me after all.)
5. Dudes who only have pixely and blurry photos with red eye and weird cropping etc. Without quality photos that were taken with a fancy camera or smart phone, how do I know that you’re not killer?! Or a kidnapper. If the photos don’t look real, you might not be real.
So all in all, some work needs to be done. News to the dudes out there: you can do better! Ladies, am I right?